Quiddity receives submissions from April 15th through December 15th annually.
Work submitted outside of this time will not be considered. Please submit once per submission period.
To send work to Quiddity, please use Submittable. If the online submission process creates an insurmountable obstacle, you may send hard copy submissions to PO Box 1046, Murphysboro, IL 62966, USA. For hard copy submissions to be considered, please explain the nature of the insurmountable obstacle in your cover letter. Otherwise, use Submitttable.
• Poetry: up to five poems (no more than ten pages total)
• Include a cover letter.
• Please be sure your name, address, and contact information are listed on EACH page of the work.
• Poems must be previously unpublished; simultaneous submissions are fine, but please withdraw your submission if it is accepted elsewhere.
• Prose: one work (no more than 5,000 words)
• Include a cover letter.
• Please be sure your name, address, and contact information are listed on the first page of the work.
• Work must be previously unpublished; simultaneous submissions are fine, but please withdraw your submission if it is accepted elsewhere.
Please allow up to four months for consideration of your submission. If you have not received a response after four months, feel free to query us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Payment is one contributor copy of the journal in which the work appears.
We look forward to reading your work!
POETRY for RADIO BROADCAST
Quiddity is seeking audio submissions of poetry for radio broadcast. Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Ask a question–a big question, a small question, a curious question, a funny question, a profound question, a burning question, a banal question, an off-the-wall question, an everyday question, etc. Then answer the question in a poem (submissions are open to all forms and non-forms).
- The question should be the poem’s title. The response to the question is the poem.
- Poems (including titles/questions) must be no longer than two minutes in length. They can be shorter than this but can under no circumstances be longer.
WHAT TO SUBMIT
- Upload a single audio file (MP3 format) of you reading your poem (See guidelines at the Submittable link for tips on/help with quality of recording.)
- Upload a one-page cover letter that includes a 50- to 100-word bio. Please include tips on how to pronounce your name. The letter should also include a statement guaranteeing that you are able to grant non-exclusive electronic multimedia rights for use of the material. (If you cannot grant these rights, do not submit.)
- Upload a copy of the poem.
We look forward to hearing your work!